New Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle
(now available at: davidtubb.com)
The CST Precision Bolt Action Receiver proved to be successful in competitive shooting including winning the 2016 Super Shoot. It also established the design foundation that led to the development of a monolithic aluminum receiver that is harmonic-vibration friendly, providing consistent sub-1/4 moa accuracy capability. The Cone-Lok Bolt design and Zero-Lift Cocking Piece are both incorporated now as Stable Bolt Technology, and is the heart of the new Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle’s incredible accuracy.
CST is proud to partner up with legendary David Tubb to design and produce a truly special rifle. Whether Palma, F-Class, Precision Rifle Series, Extreme Long Range, or just the hunter and long-range enthusiast; when X’s and hits matter, the new Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle will prove itself exceptional.
Think only a traditional barreled bolt action properly glass-bedded in a fiberglass stock will provide superior accuracy? Think again! With an innovation design properly executed, an all-metal rifle can and will shoot to the highest level!
* Full one-piece monolithic aluminum alloy receiver, (not a “chassis system” that requires stock screws).
* Interchangeable barrel-extension system with forward threaded coupler/nut for rigidity and simplicity, utilizing a common AR-15 armorer tool for removal and attachment, and allows the use of common configured barrel tenons. Allows barrel changing in the field with excellent repeatability of zero.
* Bolt assembly featuring a removable bolt head allowing the adaptation of different calibers, a firing pin shank with support rear of the cocking piece, cocking piece with flange-surfaces interfacing with a heat-treated stainless trigger hanger allowing below flush function, and a spring loaded rear bushing that supports rear of bolt in the buttstock tube during actuation and pressurizes locking lugs when in battery allowing static condition during firing pin movement. Three locking lugs with 30 degree conical “self-centering” surfaces. Cocking piece utilizes a square engagement surface to interface with a modified TUBB T-7-T trigger. Duo Firing Pin Set negating radial energy standard. Conical breech design utilizing dual AR-15 ejectors.
* Easily removable trigger housing as a complete sub-assembly.
* Support provided for magazine box at both forward and rear with easy manipulated magazine release button. Magazine box adaptable for multiple cartridge lengths by installing or removing front and rear spacers.
* Positive bolt stop that does not contact locking lugs of the bolt.
* Buttstock assembly fully adjustable utilizing same ¼-20 fasteners and helicoil inserts throughout, and features a robust wrap-around cheekpiece adjustable for height with click-detents and adjustable for cant. Also utilizes a telescoping folding stock design, well supported and latched in either folded or in battery, allowing firing from either condition.
* Forend Assembly adapted for picatinny mounting at multiple attachment locations along four quadrants while allowing indexing of the forend assembly at multiple angular locations relative to the rifle.
*Includes CST developed “Speed Ring”, loosening the wing-nut allows fast linear and rotational relocation of the new Tubb Non-symmetrical Bi-pod along the Forend Tube.
*Receiver Through Hole Diameter: .750”
*Barrel Tenon Thread: 1 1/8” – 18
*Barrel Extension Outside Diameter: 1.400”
*Barrel Coupler/Nut Thread: 1 ¾” – 18; Minor Diameter of 1.696”
*Receiver Forward Outside Diameter: 2.062”
*Handguard Diameter: 1.980”
*Bolt Diameter: .745”
*Bolt Face Depth: .120”
*Bolt Face Diameter: .482” standard, .540” short-mag, .592” large-mag (Lapua size)
*Firing Pin Protrusion: .040”
*Firing Pin Tip Diameter: .060”
*Total Bolt Lift: 70 degrees.
*Bolt Lift to Cocked: 55 degrees.
*Extraction Cam Ratio: .080” over 15 degrees.
*Total Firing Pin Travel at Cocked: .250”
*Ejector Port Length: 3.340”
*Total Linear Bolt Travel: 4.897”
*Feed Ramp Angle from Horizontal: 30 degrees.
*Bolt Assembly Length: 7.863”
*Bolt Head Material: 4340 Alloy Steel, heat treated to 40 RC then nitrided.
*Receiver Material: 7075 – T6 Aluminum Alloy, Type-III, Class 2 Anodized.
*Remaining Aluminum Component Material: 6061-T6, Type-III, Class 2 Anodized.
*Final Finish: Bead-blast and Cerakote.
*Bolt Body and Bushing Material: 416 Stainless Steel, heat treated to 38 RC.
*Barrel Extension Material: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, age-heat treated to 42 RC and nitrided.
*Firing Pin Tip Material: 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, age-heat treated to 42 RC
*Cocking Piece Material: 4340 Alloy Steel, heat treated to 40 RC
*Extractor Material: 4340 Alloy Steel, heat treated to 40 RC
*Trigger Hanger Material: 416 Stainless Steel, heat treated to 38 RC.
*Barrel Coupler/Nut Material: 416 Stainless Steel, heat treated to 38 RC.
*Rifle Weight Without Barrel Attached: 7.2 lbs (no sling studs or hand stop installed)
TUBB GUN VIDEO LINKS:
2018 Shot Show Interview
2018 ELR Match Link, Tubb Adaptive Rifle sets record:
Long Range Shooters of Utah:
The CST Precision Bolt Action Receiver (discontinued):
Although we no longer offer our Precision Bolt Action Receivers, we have left several pages of detailed description up on our website for review. The CST Precision Bolt Action Receiver represented the pursuit of excellence and innovation we strive for at CST. To date, we believe these were the finest bolt action receivers made available for "traditional" stocks, both by design and workmanship. To those who believed in us early on and now are lucky enough to own one, we are deeply thankful!
Special thanks and congratulations to Col. Billy Stevens for winning the 2016 44th Super Shoot using CST Model SBRR actions!
Below is detailed information on our discontinued Bolt Action Receivers. For those interested in even more technical aspects that led to the development of the CST Precision Action, check out our "Essay: A Better Bolt Action".
The Patented CST Precision Bolt Action Receiver, Model SBRR, (Benchrest)
The CST Precision Action incorporated ground breaking innovations making it the most advanced bolt action design to date. Rather than emulate century year old technology, the CST action was engineered specifically from the ground up to provide the most accurate shooting platform obtainable.
The CST action was machined from premium materials to rigid geometric tolerances. However, what truly set it apart was a smarter design eliminating flaws of conventional bolt action rifles.
The heart of the CST action design’s accuracy potential lies with the cone shaped locking lugs and the cone shaped floating bolt handle. Both the locking lugs and bolt handle are matched to precision conical seats machined in the receiver concentric to each other and center of bore.
Upon bolt lock up, the floating bolt handle becomes pressurized to force both the rear and front of the bolt to seat dead center and square every time, regardless of bolt diameter fit or wear. With this system, pressure to all locking lugs is maintained even after the sear is released when pressing the trigger.
• Cone-Lok™ bolt design utilizes cone shaped locking lugs and a cone shaped floating bolt handle forcing both the rear and the front of the bolt to seat dead center and square upon closing the bolt. Continuous and uniform pressure of all locking lugs is maintained even during firing pin travel.
• 3 lug design with 60-degree bolt throw with dual-cam cocking mechanism for smooth bolt lift.
• All models feature a zero-lift cocking piece. Flanges extending from the sides of the cocking piece ride in a precision T-slot machined in the tang of the action body preventing upward lift of the firing mechanism during bolt lockup. As a result, rear bolt lift caused by an angled sear engagement is eliminated.
• Rear-magnetized .062” firing pin tip maintains contact with the firing mechanism while floating inside the bolt bind-free. Firing mechanism is easily field stripped from the bolt by hand, with no special tools needed.
• Angle-Block™ bedding system is standard on SCP models. Rather than a double action-screw design with small pillars, the Angle-Block bedding system utilizes three large bedding blocks housing a total of six angle-entry action-screws.
Angled screw holes allow the use of a single entry opening at the bottom of the stock, while offering double the torque at each of three bedding blocks. This system generates triple the torque of conventional bolt action rifles.
• SCP models feature full-length integral picattiny scope base with optional long-range tapers.
• SBRR models feature a round action body design for glue-in bedding applications.
• SCP models feature integral parallel to bore recoil surfaces, with an optional full 180-degree wrap-around recoil lug available. Axial recoil surfaces are designed to negate recoil energy in the same plane as its source.
• All models are supplied with trigger hangers fully adjustable for setting correct firing pin travel and detachable through the trigger guard slot. Different brand triggers can be installed and the correct firing pin travel set. The SCP Model trigger guard is independently attached to the stock allowing trigger removal and adjustment without disrupting torque settings of the rear action screws.
• Floating ejector button will not influence a chambered cartridge and allows manually controlled ejection force.
• Traditional easy to use mauser style bolt release does not contact bolt lugs eliminating damage to critical lug surfaces during hard retraction.